Jeff Baker M.D., Arkansas Bioidentical Hormone Specialist
Doctor Jeff Baker has been in private medical practice for 30 years, and for the last 25 years, Doctor Baker has been working with men and women to help them correct hormonal imbalances.
Doctor Baker has a wide range of experience working with patients in many different settings, and he has treated patients from all walks of life with numerous disorders.
Education and Experience
Doctor Baker graduated from the Oral Roberts University School of Medicine with both his M.D. and an M.S. with research work focusing on physiology and immunology.
He completed residency training at the University of California Irvine Family Practice program at Memorial Medical Center in Long Beach, CA, where he served as Chief Resident.
He practiced Family Medicine in Escondido, CA for 12 years, where he was Board Certified in both Family Practice and Sports Medicine.
He also has over 20 years of experience as an Emergency Room physician.
It was in Southern California that he began to sub-specialize in Bio-identical Hormone Therapy for both women and men. At this time he has over 25 years of experience in individualizing bio-identical hormone therapy.
In 1997, Doctor Baker moved to Northwest Arkansas, where his practice has focused on integrating conventional and alternative therapies for a wide range of medical problems.
Individualizing bio-identical hormone therapy for both women and men continues to be a significant portion of his consultation practice.
- Doctor Baker takes careful assessment of each patient’s story, including the nuances that make it unique from all the others. He has found that no two patients have the same story, and they rarely need the same treatment.
- Doctor Baker guides his patients in choosing a course of hormone support therapy that is specific and appropriate for them, given their symptoms, history, risk factors, and potential for benefit.
- Doctor Baker uses bio-identical hormone therapy, meaning hormones with the exact same molecular structure as the hormones the body has always produced.
- He gives hormone therapy that is balanced and comprehensive, and he uses estrogens that match those normally produced by the ovaries, with progesterone, testosterone, and adrenal support hormones in balanced measure, as appropriate for each patient’s circumstances. When indicated, he addresses thyroid hormone issues as well.
- Doctor Baker individualizes therapy, using the patients’ clinical response and testing as needed to ensure that they getting enough of what they need, and not too much of “a good thing”.
- Doctor Baker promotes pro-active, self-educating, and confident self-care attitudes and actions in his patients. As he and his patients work together, he feels that they become, to some degree, ‘their own best doctor’ as they learn to listen carefully to their bodies, learn their therapeutic options, and monitor their responses over time. Although Doctor Baker always gives the best care to his patients, he looks forward to helping each patient gain as much knowledge, confidence, and autonomy possible, in regards to their own healthcare.